Piedmont Style FS Grooved Coupling.
Style FS couplings incorporate the greatest value or sea water applications that operate at lower pressures for typical seawater applications, or any application where premium corrosion resistance is a consideration.
Super Duplex are produced using a super duplex material, which offers even higher corrosion resistance than duplex, and is very similar to alloys 2507 and Zeron 100 which are commonly used for seawater piping. Made of super duplex stainless steel CE8MN alloy, our couplings are austenitic-ferritic stainless steel and highly resistant to chloride stress corrosion. Super duplex grade of stainless also offers higher strength and better mechanical properties than duplex stainless steel As an option, these couplings can be specified with CE3MN super duplex material, which offers a slightly higher Pitting Resistance Equivalent Number (PREN).
- Duplex or SuperDuplex* stainless steel type CE8MN, conform to ASTM A995 Grade 2A. Piedmont also offers this coupling style in CE3MN (Grade 5A) for even higher corrosion resistance
- EPDM rubber gasket, suitable for hot and cold water service. NSF/ANSI 61 approved for drinking water system components. Not suitable for petroleum service.
- Nuts and bolts are Round-head, square-neck, type 316 stainless steel bolts and heavy hex nuts conform to ASTM F-593 and 594, Group 2, condition CW.
- Sizes are 3/4″- 16″ Nominal size pipe.
Duplex Duplex stainless steel is highly resistant to chloride corrosion because of its metallurgy and microstructure. Used for high pressure couplings for seawater installation our duplex alloy is made of two metallurgical phases with each their role to play in the efficiency of the couplings.
- Austenite for nobility
- Ferrite for strength
Note: Working pressure ratings based upon generally accepted pressure piping design standards and testing in accordance with ASME Section VIII Division 1 pressure vessel test method.
Piedmont Style FS Grooved Coupling Technical Information
- This item requires a minimum quantity of 4 to be purchased.